Saturday, July 09, 2005

a cause

I just saw this movie "My Brother... Nikhil". Quite the tear-jerker for me. Its 2.50 am and I am lying here on my bed all swollen eyed and wet faced.
Movies like these, creations of love, an artist's expression made with diligence and honesty. They cannot, but touch you right there in the middle of your heart.
Quite the thought - provoking movie too. I never knew that there were actual laws in India which dictated that an HIV-positive individual was made to live in isolation. I guess, it all stems from ignorance. All these medical conditions, I guess, were all treated this way to start with. It was only with awareness that the outlook of people changed. One person's suffering and one person's struggle to make a wrong right, redeems a whole generation after...
i have to think about this more.

1 Comments:

Blogger wooster said...

aah! at least i could understand your prose! :o)

put "I am Sam" on your watchlist, in case you havnt. and keep a box of paper kerchiefs by you. as much a tear jerker :D

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home