Thursday, July 14, 2005

Who am I

I sought myself in my mirror one day,
To find out who I am, what I am;
Tried to read those lines hidden in my face,
To feel that energy that drove me in this race,
I looked back at my past
And wondered why I did the things I did
Why I said the things I said!
"Where were these things taking me anyway?"
I thought about that voice in my head
Which spoke words that I never spoke.
Which gave me thoughts I didn't want to think
That voice, which I knew, no one else ever heard!
That voice which I tried, in vain, to ignore,
When it asked me questions I didn't want to know
That voice which never gave a response though,
When I desparately wanted to know.
Looking in the mirror, I asked it again,
"Who are you? And who am I?"
"I am", it said, "'Who you are, the one you want to be...
You are 'what' you are now, the one striving to be like me".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home