Sunday, October 09, 2005

Motorcycles and Me

Today, I rode a Kawasaki Eliminator 250 cc. Although it was within the confines of a riding range, I still rode it. I couldn't stop grinning from under my helmet. I didn't mind the relentless drizzle, the cold wind which was chilling my bones.
I never thought I would get to ride a cruiser, even more so, in the USA. But I just had a spur of the moment thought of getting my Learner's permit for a motorcycle and then joined the Pennsylvania State run Motorcycle Safety Programme. Thank God for them! I got to ride a motorbike here.

I have 2 more classes and then a test. Ma was very scared that I am doing this. But in my heart I know I will not take unnecessary risks. Its not the speed that thrills me... its not the adrenaline rush that I am after.
I dream of riding the roads lined with beautiful trees, with no traffic, where you can just cruise along and watch the scenes go by. But totally being part of the landscape. I miss my motorcycle in Bangalore. But I know I can never have a riding experience of the likes that I can have here. Its a hard thing to let go :(

1 Comments:

Blogger wooster said...

oui!

had totally forgotten about this one! finally you see your wings! hope you earn them too :)

good luck!

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home