Saturday, December 07, 2019

Life and I

This was a poem I had written what feels like many lifetimes ago. I found it in an old journal and thought it belonged here on this blog.

A slow dance with Life
Cheek to cheek; hand in hand
Never stepping on toes
Never missing a step
The perfect couple on the floor
The object of envy in many an eye
To be in such a well-matched rhythm
Like we’ve always been together
Like we’ll be this way forever...

A ride on a motorcycle with Life
I drive and Life navigates
Reach new places, travel new roads
Eat dust, breathe smoke
Risk all that we have and know
Go the fastest our ride can go
No idea on what’s round the bend
Life and I, we’d have to part ways in the end
But we’d have had the best times together
I’d rather ride into the dust
Than slow dance to eternity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home